Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Old But New Things and New But Old Places.


This is how I buy my milk. In a box. Refrigerate after opening. Good with cereal and for making pancakes, not so good to just drink a glass of milk. Oh Kemps, where are you when I need you???

In the process of going through all the stuff in my small house/apartment, I found these two totally awesome small bags. They just need to be cleaned up a little and put to good use. Unfortunately mold is everywhere. On things that have been sitting in a box for a year like these, but also on things like my shoes which have been sitting by the door for 2 days. I hate you monsoon. On the bright side, the sun is out a lot today! I think I'll go for a walk to the coffee shop to write in my journal and prepare to go home.



I also found these totally awesome, huge, full-of-bells Indian earrings! This is actually the first time I've EVER worn a pair of dangling earrings, so you're witnessing a great event in my life. I thought of a way to wear them with my plugs even! Score. I may have to start purchasing more Indian earrings because they're so beautiful.


Here's a picture of how they change the lightbulbs in my Coffee Day that I go to all the time. It's a guy standing on a chair which is just on top of a table. That's safety at its best. Oh! Did I ever tell you about the time a few students and staff were cleaning out the water tank, standing in about a foot of water, and some live wires fell into the water? Good, safe times in India always. There isn't a month that goes buy I don't get a little electrical shock by turning on a switch somewhere. It's quite terrifying actually. 


I am soon going home, just eight days to go! I'll be arriving in Minneapolis on the 17th and seriously cannot wait to eat the good food, watch the movies I haven't seen, catch up with my family, wear shorts again, and go swimming like every day! I can finally get a tan at home in Minnesota. You'd think I'd be tan after living in India for so long, but having to always wear long pants and T-shirts does not help when one wishes for golden brown skin. I found the most amazing jacket/shirt the other day. It is incredibly colorful and has animals printed all over it. So awesome. This is me in my "Korean" pose that my amazing friend Jae taught me a few years ago when I was in New Zealand.



And this is what I'm wearing today! These Indian bottoms are AMAZING and comfortable and I feel like everyone wants them. I see tourists wearing them all the time. They're called "harem pants" I think, but I don't like that name. Who'd want to be associated with a harem? Anyway, I'm really going to miss India when I'm home for three months, but I'll have all my Indian clothes with me to at least fill in some part of the gap.




One thing I'm looking forward to when I go home is spending time with this guy:


Meet Baby Sarah, my sweet, adorable, awesome little nephew. His name isn't really Baby Sarah, but that's what I like to call him since I found out about my sister-in-law's pregnancy via facebook and told them they had to name the baby after me whether boy or girl because of it. He's a lot bigger now I'm sure, but still adorable. We'll go on Aunty adventures together and visit my littlest brother at his new job together with Baby Sarah's older sister. Hahahhaa. What a great time I will have at home again.

I'm also going to attempt to lead a Bible Study while I'm home! Friday night is looking the best, but who really wants to go to a committed Bible Study on Friday nights? 

My fiancée did not receive a visa his second time around. This is one time I really dislike my country's way of doing things in other countries. Seriously, America, why can't you be nicer to outsiders? Those guys in the embassy just don't realize that what they do affects people's lives! We are not just an application, we're human beings. These people working in the embassy make me sick. But who am I to judge their lives? I know nothing about them. I am not perfect either and I also make mistakes and stupid decisions. Why can't the man that I love come home with me to meet my family? I just don't get it.

Anyway, I'm coming home by myself again. It will all be okay. Even in this hard, annoying situation, I still thank God how far he has brought me and Romel.

God is still good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I'm sorry about Romel, but you are so right, God is working out everything and I'm thankful for how far you two have come too!

So I love these pictures. You're blog is totally the funnest to read. I'd really love some indian pants like those... I could send you some money for some! but if its a hassel, no worries. I'll be in India next year for the wedding! :)

well i love you. Glad you are going to have some american goodies soon :0