Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Never-Ending Story

My husband has left me.

If you read the last entry you'd know that my husband has gone back to India to "get 'er done". He is doing all the work for me to be able to apply for my Entry Visa to India. In hindsight, I suppose we could have somehow found out more information about all this, but I did not read anywhere that in order to apply for this visa outside of India you need all these dumb stamps on your marriage license. And, if you know me, you know I tediously research anything that has to do with visas, job applications, taxes, etc. Anything official and important, I research like a mofo.

My wonderful, sweet, handsome, manly husband went to the Ministry of External Affairs today and found out that we also need some sort of stamp from Mumbai on our marriage license before they can stamp it in Delhi.


What does that mean for my husband? Hopefully, one or a few of our friends back at our house will go to Mumbai for us and get this thing and courier the paper to him in Delhi who will then get the Delhi one done and come back to me, his wife, who is waiting for him ever so patiently to return. Otherwise, he will also have to go to Mumbai which was not anticipated.


I did not enjoy sleeping alone last night. On the floor. After killing a giant spider all by myself. Well, it wasn't so big. Just about the size of a quarter.

But in the midst of all this I have a way to calm down and just wait.

Regina Spektor. She has a new album out and my Soul-mate a.k.a. Best Friend in the whole world sent me an iTunes gift card and I immediately purchased Regina's new album and I must say it's amazing. She keeps growing as a musician and artist. Her songs I think were super unique and strange before she was signed and released her "Us" or "Fidelity" single. But slowly, her music is becoming more "Regina." It's going back and forward. Back to her strange sounds and unique words but forward to new stories and maturing, beautiful sounds. She is marvelous.


The first song off her new album, "Small Town Moon"

I walked to the grocery store today hoping to get some good stuff, but all I end up buying is candy, chocolate, and alcohol. But thank the good Lord I found "Strawbs" Nothing is better than strawberry shaped gummies.

 

I ate Meusli and dahi for lunch and then pigged out on those Strawbs, so we'll see if I'll be having dinner. 




2 comments:

Samuel J. Dubbelman said...

Hey Sarah and Romel, just wanted to let you guys know I still read your blog updates! McCall and I are living in the states and both working full time. And Romel, I thought you would like to know that I have not cut my hair in ten months!

Anmol Grace Clairmont said...

Sarah and Romel, you guys are awesome! I know how tedious and frustrating that visa stuff can be - I will be praying for you.