Thursday, May 31, 2012

Excsqueeze Me?

A lot has happened since you last tuned in.

I was pretty set on staying in Nepal for 60 days (well, 50 technically now) and had even found numerous opportunities for places to stay and things to do and new friends to hang out with. BUT THEN...something amazing happened and guess what, it looks like I'll be able to apply for this Entry Visa and return to India sooner than later after all!

A friend of mine e-mailed me and after talking and praying with some others they have decided to give us enough money for Romel to go to Delhi, come back to Kathmandu so that I can apply for the visa, and then fly both of us back to Mumbai!

Basically when I heard from them I was like


My husband will fly down to Delhi on our already paid for return ticket and go to the Ministry of External Affairs and get the stamp on our marriage license we need, then with the money we received he will fly back to Kathmandu and I will apply for the Entry Visa and then hopefully receive it within just 7-10 days and then we'll be on our way back to India hopefully before the end of June! 

Can I get an AMEN?

So who knows why it didn't work out the first time and so we have to do this, but it's all working out none-the-less and we can all learn a valuable lesson from this:

No matter how much you can research, prepare, and save for something it still doesn't mean it will work out perfectly.

I've definitely learned through this situation that no matter how much effort I put into planning and making sure I know all the information and know where to go and how to get there, in the end it's my strength and my plans and my wisdom that I relied on and not God's. Of course it is so good to be prepared and to know what you're facing, but at the same time I needed to also seek God and rely on His grace in all this. I never included him in planning this trip. 

So I thank everyone who prayed for a resolve of our predicament because God definitely answered those prayers in a most unexpected way.

On a different topic, tomorrow we ride for Pokhara and will be staying in a nice hotel on Lake Phewa surrounded by the Annapurna Mountain range. For this I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED! If you're interested in where we will be staying just visit this website and you will soon be wishing you could hop on a plane to Nepal and join us. 

No comments: