Saturday, May 19, 2012

World Traveler Extraordinaire

So oh oh, tomorrow the journey commences. 24 hours on a train. At least it'll be AC so we won't die. Plus I have a good book to read entitled, Insurgent by Veronica Roth. It is her 2nd book in a trilogy and was just released at the beginning of this month. I finally finished the 4th book of A Song of Ice and Fire: the game of thrones series...not realizing that there's actually a 5th book AND a plan for good ol' George RR Martin to write TWO MORE after the 5th. Ugh. If I knew I'd have to get so involved I don't think I would have committed. Plus, it was $29.99 for the first 4 books on Kindle and the 5th one alone is $14.99, no thanks.

My husband is a hoot. I love the way he says familiar words in such a strange way I don't know what he's saying until he spells it out for me. Today he was dancing like a robot and kept saying what sounded like "rowboat." Oh man it was good.

I'm a little concerned about this Nepal trip. I know we'll have tons-o-fun and all, but I'm worried that I won't get the visa I am applying for either at all or it will take longer than the 2 weeks we have scheduled for it. Please remember me in thoughts and prayers on Thursday as I go and apply for this dang visa. I'll tell you what, marrying someone of a different nationality is complicated when it comes to visas and immigration. Seriously. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I've found that taking the most challenging choices in life have brought me the most difficulty but also the most joy.



I'm excited to see the Himalayan mountains. For REALZ GUYZ. I cannot wait! Plus we get to pamper ourselves a little and that has not been allowed since before the wedding. We get to go SHOPPING (say what??!) and we might get to have a massage (OMG, for reaaal?) AND we get to hopefully stay in a beautiful hotel at the base of the freaking Himalaya mountains for the last few days (I totes just died lolz). So be jealous all you people who think I'm crazy to move to India and give up the American Dream to barely scrape by each month, but I get to vacay in Nepal or Thailand or even Dubai is a quick flight away. Oh and btw, that picture up there is the lake we'll be staying on our last few days in Nepal.

My husband and I have started praying before we go to sleep every night. It's good. It's like the only time I pray these days. I've never really been fond of praying and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because I always think it has to be a certain way, but really I don't think it does. It's fun to see the different styles my husband and I pray in. He is more of a formal person and says, "Lord Father" almost every other word during his prayers and instead of saying something in a nice short sentence he will explain it in full detail. I on the other hand make jokes and pray about silly things sometimes (like asking why God had to create mosquitoes, but thank you for them anyway I guess) and I just say things short and sweet instead of going into details or drawn out stories. For example, I'd simply pray for my family and my husband would pray for my Mom then my Dad then my brothers individually and their children if they have any. But I like it. God is interested in the details even though he knows everything already. I'd say me and my husband balance each other out good in the spiritual-side of things.

Well, this is Sarah signing off. I'll at least try to post while I'm in Nepal and add some pictures of the amazing beauty that I'll be surrounded with at all times. I only hope that I don't make you envy my life too bad.

No comments: