Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It Won't Be Long, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

On Friday my Husband returns to me here in Kathmandu. I am so incredibly excited and here's why:



Don't let the bottom picture fool you. This spider was NOT small. It was maybe a little smaller than a silver doller I tell you what. 

I'm down with house spiders. I am so down with them, but this thing is not a house spider. Don't let the fact that it's in a house fool you. It was hairy. It was grey. It was fast. I have never in my life killed this big of a spider because they terrify me. There is a point of growth that it's just too big to kill with a shoe or newspaper. This was about that point, but what was I supposed to do? My husband is far away and I am here all alone fending off boogers and spiders. It's seriously the third spider I've killed in the room I sleep in. This was the biggest, but the other two weren't small either.

This is a job for a husband. Not me. Not ever. Never.

Plus, if you can recall, I've been sick and I need my Man to make me feel better. I need him to hold me in his arms and just rub my head or back or something. Anything.

A view from our living-room window.

As you may or may not know, I've been staying with a wonderful woman in her apartment while Romel is gone. It's been fun getting to know her a bit, plus she's from Florida so we get along very well as Americans overseas.

I boil my water here.

Ladies with umbrellas in the hot sun. Seriously, their fear of getting darker is insane. Or perhaps it is like always being in the shade. I don't know. I've never walked around with an umbrella unless it's pouring rain.

My TACO SALAD I had today for lunch. It was so good. I'm so glad there's a legit Mexican restaurant within walking distance.

I went to the post office today and sent out some postcards. Sorry if you don't receive one. It's not like I have everyone's mailing address handy.  Just the ones I know by memory which is basically only my parent's house. I have yet to go to a post office in India. lols.

In other, more vain news, I dyed my hair darker. I said I'd never dye it again after my straightening fiasco, but I just can't do nothing for very long. I must change it. I MUST. 


As you can see, it's a little purplish which I like.







No comments: