Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nothing to see here. Not much at least.

It has been a while since I wrote for you. I'm sorry. I have not been that busy and I think it's for that reason I have not written because there is not anything to write about. Nothing new has occurred except that it is now officially "autumn" which I love and hate all at the same time. I love the changing colors of the leaves and the cool, crisp air. I do not like the fact that it will only get colder and colder and I also have to figure out what the heck I'm going to be for halloween. I think since I'll be answering the door and passing out candy this year I probably shouldn't be Lady GaGa. Unless of course I'm invited to a grown-up Halloween party, then perhaps I'll try to pull off GaGa.

My little nephew has taken a liking to the piano. He bangs away for a few seconds hitting any keys that come in his way, then he changes the dynamic and quietly plays one key, dun, dun, dun, dun, then a short pause and back to banging any and all keys in his path. It's quite adorable. He also loves drumming things so I'd like to get him some sort of drum for his birthday coming up this weekend.


After we had our huge garage sale this last weekend, I thought I'd spend a little on me for once and so I bought this pretty sweet top. You can't really get a feel for how cool it is in this picture, but it's so cool. The hat is from my Dad and it's a little too big for my head which is why I LOVE it and will wear it as often as I can even back in India. Now I have an excuse to not wash my hair!


So, like I said, we had a garage sale and did not get as much traffic as we had hoped, but who can complain about getting rid of extra junk and gaining $200 out of the process? Not me. It was cold sitting out in that garage for two days straight and even though I live in India, the land of bargaining and heckling, I was nervous to bargain with people for prices. Luckily, no one even asked to pay less than what we had marked for anything! It was also wonderful to meet some of the neighbors who I never see since I don't live here. Also sad to meet them because they would ask where my Grandmother is and we'd have to tell them that she moved to a nursing home and has alzheimer's. Getting older can really suck in my opinion. 

Being home is getting better, but I rarely spend time outside of the house still and do not have any contact with friends. I never see any friends. I don't go and hang out on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't even have a desire to! I remember a few years ago I couldn't even sit still on the weekends because I just knew people were hanging out somewhere and I had to be a part of it! I would literally go through my contact list on my phone calling people to see if they wanted to do something or already had plans I could be a part of. Now I could care less, or maybe it's that now people are not hanging out as much as they used to. I guess we are older and people are engaged or married or in a relationship or busy with church stuff. 

No comments: