Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Do You Know Him?


Why would someone who is a "Christian" have an entire blog that is only putting up hateful words and arguments that another church is completely wrong?

Why would a church put so much concern on volunteering only within the church and bringing the "lost souls" in to hear the gospel when the early church was so keen on sending people away to spread the gospel?

How can two people who say they love God and are obeying His will be so sure the other is completely wrong? I thought we were all on the same side here.

What's the difference between a church spending millions of dollars to make the building bigger, have more seats, cooler, and have a super awesome bookstore and coffee shop and huge auditorium with lights and stage and recording equipment...what's the difference between that church and the old cathedrals in Europe covered in gold from all the money given as indulgences?

What's wrong with thinking worship should never be a performance?

Is it okay to not take sides? Is it okay to take the alternate route? I'm pretty sure that's what Jesus did. Jew? Gentile? Actually, what about this instead? Catholic? Protestant? Actually, there might be something more. Isn't God more than labels and rules and regulations and volunteers and accusations and boxes and shelves and music and projector screens? Isn't He more than ideas and opinions and discussions and dissections? Isn't he more than money and fame and books and numbers?

He is bigger than any of my feelings.
He's bigger than my mistakes.
He is bigger than my shame.
He's more than just my opinions.
He is greater than my "wisdom."
He is bigger than my depression.
He's bigger than my love and bigger than my hate.
He is greater than all my habits.

That's my King.

No comments: