Saturday, October 27, 2012

Packing is a Pain

Well now, look at how adorable my husband looks. Taking a little nap while I'm finishing up cleaning and packing. 


I can't believe that I am leaving tomorrow night. I knew this day would come, but never thought it would come so fast. This is my sad face.


Sad because I won't be with my husband for a little over two months. Sad because I won't be able to eat real Indian food for over two months. Sad because I really will miss this place.

As much as I can get frustrated with this country, I friggen' love it. I'm going to miss the simple things and the cheap food. I'll miss the beautiful women and adorable children. I'll miss seeing them playing cricket in the streets. I'll miss old uncles going for walks and laughing with missing teeth. I'll miss all my dear friends that are mostly over here now. My how things have changed in the past four years. My world has completely flip-turned, upside down, as the Fresh Prince once said.

However, things need to be changed once in a while and it's about that time for me to once again walk on U.S. soil and be with my family. Eleven months is a long time to be gone. In fact, I called my dad on the phone the other day and I can't even describe the feeling I got listening to his voice. I haven't heard his voice in too long. Usually I call my mom or skype my mom, not because I don't like my Dad or anything, but my mom's always around and my mom loves to talk. My dad however, is just like me, you call for a purpose, you don't call to just "chat" and when we're on the phone with each other it's short, and full of long pauses. It's like "hi" "how are you?" "that's great, I'm fine" "anything new?" "No? Cool." "well, have a good night." When we are face to face however, we can talk for hours, and it's that I'm looking forward to.

Sometimes I really do feel like my life is in a suitcase. And I just finally got used to living with my husband.



1 comment:

nitaj said...

I know this is the hard time !!
but the promise of coming back is the strength of killing this 2 months period of long time !!

just few lines:as you are leaving !!
A B
C D
E F
G H
I J
K L
M N
O P
Q R
S T
V W
X Y Z
have I missed
something?
yes..
i missed "U"


c you soon in sarojni nagar mkt !!