Saturday, November 1, 2008

Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks.

Mom and Dad, brace yourselves for this fact. I have been studying for the last 5.5 hours. Doing homework that is. Observing, interpreting, and writing out applications. My hand is about to fall off and my brain has almost finished packing. I needed to take a short break in order to write some more, fancy that, in my blog.

A few nights ago it was Diwali, the festival of lights here in India or even at home if you're Hindu! The people here shoot off fireworks and firecrackers continuously for a week at least. So far it has been going on for one solid week. Apparently this is the first festival in a series of festivals through March where people awaken the gods who they say have been sleeping April through October. My wonderful English friend and myself took a walk to the market on the night of Diwali to see the sights and buy some ice cream from a street vendor. Safe? Probably not. Good? Heck yes it was! I am slowly getting used to this small town and all it has to offer. One thing I thoroughly enjoy about India is the fact that you can open and examine everything before you buy it. I'm talking everything here. If you wanted to examine a roll of toilet paper, fine! If you wanted to examine some printing paper for the computer, fine! If you want to sample any food before you buy it, okay! One could get used to this kind of life.

Sunday will be another day in Pune, fortunately I won't have to sit in some crazy lady's salon for 6 hours getting my hair straightened. I'll get to go to a grocery store!! My first one since I left home! We might even go to a pool I hear, but the for sure stop is the cinema. We don't know what is playing, but we don't really care. I am trying to get more acquainted with the train system here. We discovered the wonders of online ticket purchasing. Who knew India could be so advanced?

Today was IG day meaning Income Generation. That translates to staff and students selling services or food they made for a price. Even games you want to play and lose money at. It was all kind of like a carnival where you waste your money at home, but this wasn't wasting because all proceeds when to either the particular student leading the game or making the food, or their school. It was fun and I got to eat a brownie with ice cream! You cannot ask for anything better than that here on campus.

I must get back to doing homework. I have one chart left for tonight before I am allowed to pass out. If you are of the prayerful heart, please pray I will be well rested in the coming weeks. This is a lot of work that I wasn't anticipating and my roommates are wonderful but noisy although I'm sure they think the same of me. Also, I am leading worship on Tuesday morning and I am a little nervous about it because I feel during worship through song I do what I want to do and so many of these guys are Spirit-led and I have no idea what I'm doing in that area. So I guess I need confidence, but mostly I need to allow God to use me and ease my worried mind. Pray for no distractions too. I am here for one reason, to get to know our beautiful Creator more than ever before and let Him stir up my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off... I'm so excited about the camera miracle! Praise God. I love reading your blog!
Funny story - We were in the car the other day and we were listening to the ipod on shuffle, you came on and Adyson was so excited... "this is my friend sarah" I thought that it was pretty sweet that she knew your voice, and that you are her friend. She says that she misses you :o) As we all do! I'm excited for what you will do on Christmas... I have a feeling that it will be a great adventure!
~love kristy