Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just Venting and you know...venting.

Oh how the story is unfolded. Sometimes we are so surprised to find out what is in store for us.

Remember when I said we were trying to find a cheaper place to live? Yeah, well today I requested an 11-month lease with our current house. Yes, the one that recently raised our rent. The one with the obnoxious, stinky, flea-ridden dog. The one that has welders coming and ruining my life every day for the past month. But, what can I do but sign an 11-month lease? I mean there's nowhere else to go. We also need to have an official, signed rental agreement so that I can register here at the Foreign Registration Office (FRO) and also so that when I'm home in November I will have an easier time filing a form for my husband's Spouse Visa.

It's not what we wanted, but it's apparently what is best for us according to the Almighty One. You know, the One seated on the throne. He kind of knows what is best for me and everyone for that matter.

So we're stuck in the same old house for the next 11 months. Actually, I do quite love this little home and now I'll have an excuse to get new curtains and try to decorate it up a little more!

This also means we'll be needing more finances...as if that wasn't already a word I hate using in these entries and e-mail updates. Yikes. But seriously. What newlywedded couple doesn't need money? Especially ones that are volunteering at a non-profit which isn't paying them anything but in fact we are paying them to work here! Especially ones that are trying to also start the US Immigration process for the husband in the relationship this year (which will cost almost $1,000)! Especially ones that barely have enough money to pay rent, electricity bills, gas, and food!

I wish there were ways for me to make money here in India, but I just can't on my tourist visa. It's so easy in the US. Life is just easier there. Perhaps that is why I'm living here in a country where everything, yes, everything is incredibly difficult and drawn-out. I mean it takes people years to get their passport! It takes bribes to get anything done quickly around here, and I am very much opposed to giving bribes. Remember our marriage certificate terror a few months ago? We had to go from Kathmandu to Delhi only to find that we also needed something from Mumbai so then we had to get the one in Mumbai then mail it to Delhi then get something there and then fly back to Kathmandu ALL SO THAT THEY WOULDN'T EVEN GIVE ME THE ENTRY VISA ANYWAY.

Oh man I am so fed up with the way things are done here some days. I mean a lot of people come for a few days and say, "wow, India is really growing fast and will soon become one of the major countries of the world!" But I say, no. No way. India has a very, very long way to go. Until and unless this whole corruption nonsense gets taken care of and starts improving and the rich actually begin to care for the poor. Ain't nothin' gonna happen with this country except get more and more corrupt.

Wow, a little rant of mine.

Anyway, yeah.


No comments: