Thursday, August 2, 2012

Green things, pressure cookers, and mold.

I love waking up in the morning to the sounds of the neighbor's pressure cookers.

I enjoy the fact that one of my friends here makes the absolute best channa daal parathas I have ever tasted in my entire life.

My goal for the next few months is to learn how to cook using our pressure cooker. I will no longer be intimidated by those little monsters of pressure. They can be very scary to someone who is almost positive they have a slight anxiety disorder. But I will learn how to cook with them, I will not be afraid anymore.

I don't go outside very often these days because it's wet, cloudy, and grey. However, all the plants are SO GREEN I CANNOT EVEN STAND IT IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.





Here we have the downfall of living in an area with really, just a lot of rain during the monsoon. Mold. It gets EVERYWHERE. In your closet; on your clothes; on your poor camel leather sandals you bought just before the wedding; on your suitcases; it's enough to drive anyone crazy with the look, the feel, and the smell. Thank God I'm not allergic to any molds (that I know of...)


Last, but certainly not least, I have included the greatest picture of my husband ever taken by human hands. 


I love this guy so much it's ridiculous.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

woah! mold! who knew! mark grabbed me at dinner yesterday asking me if I talked to you and to see if you were alright living without power... but i know that couldn't stop you! anyway, we should talk! love you, kim