Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beautiful one I love you

Something wonderful is happening here. Something I never expected when coming to this country. Something that came as quite a surprise. Something beautiful. Something that fills me with many doubts and also much courage. Something that needs a lot of explaining. Something that requires a lot of prayer. Something I think I might want to pursue...or pursue me.

SBS is quickly coming to a close. Only 2 months remain and I wonder how the time has flown by. Where does time go after it is gone? Did I use my time here wisely? Not all of it. Am I still in the game? Yes, I am still in the game. I am still passing my tests. I am still passing my books. I am terrified to do Isaiah, Jeremaiah, and Ezekiel. Mostly because they're so huge and the homework will be overwhelming. I am so excited for studying the prophets. They write the way I like. Figures of speech, imagery, parallelism. Ahhh. How I love those prophets. We also have Proverbs and Song of Songs thrown in there.

Yesterday I was able to go to a resort nearby just to swim all day and lay in the sun and wear an actual swimsuit...or "swimming costume" in Indian talk. Ha ha! I ate a chicken cheeseburger and it was wonderful. It's funny how the simplest things can bring you so much joy when even they are few and far between. At home, I'd swim every day and not realize how relaxing and wonderful it is, but here, this being my first time swimming in a pool since I arrived in India last September...it was glorious! I'm even sunburned!

I have begun a strict, or not so strict, but more frequent work-out regimen. Mostly being more active here. I try to go running every other morning for 30 minutes and then we've all started playing volleyball every evening for 1-2 hours. It is so much fun! I have been made team captain. Whatever that means. I don't get to choose who is on my team, and I don't have any say in anything. I think it just means I must encourage an cheer on my team all the time. It's been a good way to spend time with students from other schools and have fun with them.

I feel as if God is preparing me for something. What that something is I have no idea, but something good of course. I have a good Father. He wants me to be ready for something big, something good, something inconceivable. If there's anything that has been repeated over and over and over and over again this quarter so far it's "mission possible" all things are possible through Christ. Completing SBS is possible. Facing this new huge decision is possible. Hearing from God is possible. Getting money to pay for my school is possible. Surviving this heat is possible. And believe me, those who know me know I'm not a huge fan of goofy catch phrases we throw around, but I know the heart behind it is good and it is actually a great encouragement for YWAMers, Philipians 4:13, but we must not simply throw that verse around without knowing the context and purpose behind its original meaning. Wow, I'm such an SBS student.

I am very sad to leave this place. I try not to think about it because it just makes me depressed. I always get depressed when I know I'm leaving somewhere I feel I belong and when the date of leaving is quickly approaching the present.

Pray I don't get depressed these next 2 months.

Pray I receive funds to pay for my final half of the quarter. I need $353 dollars. Praise the Lord he provided for me 3 weeks ago when I needed the first half! The exact amount I needed in a matter of one day!

Pray that our class doesn't get burned out and that we are wise with our time and energy these next two months.

Pray I would have discernment in making decisions God wants me to make, and that he would give me the courage to walk out those decisions.

No comments: