Sunday, February 22, 2009

You won't relent until you have it all

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers. The first reading of the book of Numbers was actually really fun because Lottie and I recorded it all! Even dramatized! Well, at least different voices for the different people. There are some obnoxious chapters in Numbers however, Chapter 7 for an example, Chapter 26, and basically the first 9 chapters equal boring, but there also are many good stories in this book. It is really cool to see Moses goes to the Lord every single situation that comes up. After every complaint against him by the Israelites, or complaint against God. Even issues of jealousy of leadership come up, and I don't know why those people wanted to be priests as well, I wouldn't like to sacrifice myriads of animals each day. I love that in the midst of all this rebellion and complaining God still wants his people to reach the promised land, it's just a shame it had to take 38 years instead of mere months because they rebelled. It's also too bad none of the people from the first census were able to go into the promised land except Joshua and Caleb. I hope that I can be like Caleb, with a different spirit.

Numbers made me really ask myself why I ever desire anything or anyone other than our God. He is so good and he is so perfect. He provides all my needs and is always with me. No one else can say any of that is true about them for my life.

This week is looking to be wonderful. We have no class on Monday and therefore Sunday can finally truly be a sabbath day of rest because we can do all our homework for the first class on Monday! So far, this Sunday has been wonderful. I went to church for the 2nd time in India, then walked home in the horrible heat only to find every store closed. For the past 1.5 days all the shops in all of this town have been closed because the people are on strike. The government has been demolishing stores that are built too close to the road. They passed some law about that sometime ago and everything built since then that is too close to the road you often find there one day and the next it's rubble on the ground. Not even a hint of what was once there is left usually. So, it has been tough on us the past day and a half. You seem to crave more outside food when you cannot possibly get it.

Back to the heat. It was so hot today I could not wait to get into my room and take an ice cold shower! Yes we had electricity to heat up water, and we had water! I just needed a cold shower, and it felt wonderful. It'll be nice come summer to look forward to cold showers, but it's already almost unbearably hot for me and my Indian friends tell me the worst is in April and May.

This week there is a team of people, perhaps only 2 people, from Australia that prophesy and pray over people. They travel around to different churches and YWAM bases and just simply pray for the schools and prophesy over the students and leadership. I signed myself up for some time tomorrow with them, and they will be spending an hour with our SBS class on Thursday.

I cannot believe it is already the final week of February and only one month left of this quarter after that. This SBS is going by so fast! At the end of this quarter I am going to Goa with Lottie my English lady-love. I am so excited to go to a beach and just lay on it and be able to wear a swim-suit again hopefully. I'm excited for relaxing with Lottie and relaxing with God. I pray he is at the center of our holiday and we can pray for each other and build each other up while we are there. That it wouldn't be a holiday from God, but with God.

Pray for rest. I am so tired all the time. Even today on my day of rest where I've had more sleep than usual.

Pray for finances. I am getting worried and I shouldn't be.

Pray for patience and grace. This culture is frustrating and so are people here. It's getting to that point where I've been here for awhile now and things that once were endearing are quite the opposite.

Pray for the DTS outreach teams that will soon return! Safe travels and a great debriefing week.

I love you all and think of you often. May our God of peace and strength be with you this week.

Love, love, love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Missing your stories, Where are you these days?