Monday, January 5, 2009

I've got my life in a suitcase and I'm ready to run, run, run away

As most of you know, I did not go to Nepal for Christmas break. I actually came home to Minnesota for 2 weeks. It did not seem long enough. It never is. I mostly spent time with the family and close friends. It was so much fun surprising people as the days went by. I would highly suggest surprising people with nothing but your self any time you can. It was so fun to see people's reactions and I was incredibly blessed by my time home with family and friends. It was also good to be somewhere different for my break. It's nice to get away from all things familiar in India and SBS related with the complete opposite culture and climate.

The flights back to India were long and obnoxious. I actually have realized now more than ever how much I actually dislike flying and wish that God would just snatch me up and put me in the places he wants me to go like Philip in Acts 8:35-40 and much like Star Trek's beaming skills. I can never fall asleep on planes. Unless I am somehow able to lay down. I wish I was blessed with the ability to fall asleep any place, any time.

This week is a little ridiculous. I guess it's one of those weeks meant to snap you out of your last two weeks of holiday. I feel like I never even went home for Christmas! We have 4 books to complete this week. 1 Peter, 2 Peter, Jude, and James. in 6 days. I cannot complain, and I'm actually not worried about it at all. I am excited to be back after 2 weeks, and for some reason it is so exciting to see these people I haven't seen for only 2 weeks. It's like we haven't seen each other for a month. It is a little ridiculous, much like my life is right now, but it is a wonderful life. I love where I am right now, and if there's one thing I have learned from 2008 it is to be content wherever you and and be present in the moment you are currently living, not thinking about what is happening later or worrying about what happened previously, but being present in the moment you are living in.

So, as most of you also now know, I have struggled with anxiety and nervousness since forever, and in an attempt to combat that foothold of Satan, I signed up to do devotions AND lead worship on the same day, so the entire hour two Tuesday mornings from now is called "God time with Sarah", well it's not really called that, but it might as well be. We are all required to sign up for 10 minutes of devotion leading and then 40 minutes of worship, but everyone was signing up for them on different days, so I did the same day. Ay carumba.

I am still wrestling with the idea of staffing SBS here, mostly I have been getting confirmations, but one time I had a doubt about it when I was home. A genuine doubt, but one doubt in a sea of YESes seems like nothing. How did I even see that doubt with all those Yeses floating around?

I have realized that I am in need of a lot of money. I was supposed to be getting $1,000 for my guitar, but that was returned to me, which is what I wanted and I love having it with me now, but that means I am out of $1,000 dollars.

Pray that I am comforted financially and wise with my finances.

Pray that I don't get sick.

Pray for wisdom and to know the heart of God and see people and situations through His eyes.

Pray that I can be open and make friends with all these new students as quickly as last quarter. I am a little hesitant because they'll just leave after 3 months anyway.

Praise the Lord we have had running water since I have been back and praise the Lord I made it back safe and sound with no awful stories.

No comments: