Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

I bought my ticket to India yesterday. That's right, I said ticket to India. I got a one way ticket! Scary? Not really. I couldn't afford a round trip as they are around $1700. I know God will provide the money needed to purchase another one way ticket home.

A new dilemma has risen. I need to go to a travel clinic to get some shots and Malaria pills before I go to India, BUT I do not have health insurance, so it is going to cost between $300 and $500 dollars! How ridiculous is that? I hate this country's health care policies. For real. Just because I am going against the grain and not going to college or university I cannot be on my parent's health insurance policy! I cannot afford to pay for health insurance! I hate the way this country has to work sometimes. I am hoping that since I am technically going to a university I can be on my parent's insurance, but who knows.

I didn't get that medical testing job. They discontinued the test for the rest of this month. I was told I'd be the first one called for the next one, but if it is not within the next 47 days I will not be able to partake in it! I am not worried about this medical testing business because my friend's sister has been doing it for awhile, and it's a legit clinic that has been around for awhile.

I have a lot to think and pray about in the next month. This weekend I am going to my cabin for a day or two to spend some much needed one on one time with my Creator and Father. Pray for me this weekend if you think about it. I hope to hear God's voice and be comforted in this time of extreme stress.

No comments: