Sunday, February 10, 2013

Home Sweet Home

And I'm suddenly in 90 degree weather getting sunburnt.

Seeing Romel again was so wonderful and I periodically wake up at night and smile because I know he is next to me in bed. It is pretty much the worst thing in the world to be separated from the one you love.

Leaving my family is never easy, but we always take comfort in the fact that we'll see each other again soon and next time Romel will be with me. We were able to finally pay the immigration lawyer and get Romel's Spouse Visa things on the way. I have been carefully selecting e-mails and photographs to send the lawyer. I have been filling out forms and requesting letters from family, friends, and church who are supporting us. It's easy to prove we're truly in love, but it is not an easy thought knowing we have to. I keep thinking, "if only I had married an American my life would be easier." but then, who wants an easy life? Life should never be easy when we are following God. Besides, I've never been one to take the easy way out of anything. This season is just a further testing of our trust and faith in God. Nothing is ever in our control. Nothing is ever under our influence. We see that over and over again and we're just in our first year of marriage! It's no wonder cross-cultural marriages on average are longer and stronger than marriages within the same culture and country/state.

So, a few days before I left I shaved part of my head: 


France's bathrooms in the airport were super cool.


I hate layovers.


Opening Christmas gifts.


Together again at last.


Chai!!!!


My welcome message on our front door.


A journey through the wilderness. An Exodus.


"Moses" leading his people.


Israelites.


The weather. I know you're jealous my Dear Minnesotans. How's that foot of snow treating you?


It certainly is good to be back in India. But I certainly cannot wait for everyone in Minnesota and throughout the U.S. to meet my husband later this year. Keep our immigration journey in your thoughts and prayers.




No comments: