Monday, February 20, 2012

Wedding stuff (what else?) and The Hunger Games (again, what else?)


Thirty-four days to go until the vows and the rings and the crying and the flowers. But more importantly, twenty-eight days to go until I see my Mother, brother, and aunt. I have lived in India for the past three years on and off and this is the first time someone from home will have visited me. This fact just makes me that much more excited to see a small part of my family very soon!

Only my amazing Mother on her birthday.


This is just my super-awesome brother mixing a salad.

I don't have a picture of my Aunt.

I spoke to my mom last night on Skype and she got a new iPhone! I was so shocked. She's literally had the same mobile phone since 2004. When my dad brought her old phone into Verizon to transfer the contact information onto the new phone the employee actually laughed at my Dad when he saw the phone and said that there's no way they can transfer the contacts because the phone is so old they don't have the connectors for it anymore. 

All I have to write about is wedding stuff, but I don't' feel like writing about wedding stuff. I never wanted to be one of those girls who counted down the days to my wedding and shortly after marriage update my Facebook status and always make sure I include my "hubby" in there. I'm pretty sure I'll never call Romel my "hubby," but counting down the days is fun. It's also scary. Just about a month left! Yikes.

Well, my responsibilities in the school have just ended. All I am required to do now is attend class, and I probably don't even have to do that! I have just two assignments to grade and then I'm done with this SBS...until March 9th when I have to teach, but that's fun! Teaching is one of the most wonderful things I have discovered in my life. Teaching classes. I can't handle teaching one-on-one something useful like guitar, baking, or something you do with your hands. I can't do that sort of teaching. I am only good at and enjoy teaching classes knowledge and challenging them to practice the stuff they learn. 


Teaching forces you to get to know people you wouldn't normally spend time with. I really lucked out over the past month and taught in another school on our campus and got to know these two lovely ladies from Punjab. Now, if you don't know about people from Punjab I will fill you in. They love to eat and they love to dance. What more could you ask for in life? Their food is famous and they can't survive without milk and butter which are two things very close to my heart as an American. So, I invited these ladies over to make me their famous stuffed parathas. It's like pita bread stuffed with potato or lentil filling. I was so full I didn't eat for the next 24 hours, but it was so worth it.

I'm not usually a fan of Taylor Swift, but I am a fan of The Civil Wars, and also The Hunger Games. She has a new single from the Hunger Games soundtrack. I am so looking forward to seeing Katniss, Peeta, Cinna and Haymitch on the big screen. I just hope that Lionsgate doesn't eff this one up like whoever did with Eragon. Eragon could have been great; Eragon could have been legendary, but it sucked big time. If The Hunger Games movies blow then I might never watch another movie again aside from the old reliables like Wizard of Oz, Singin' in the Rain, and The Sword in the Stone (which is by far the best Disney Movie of all time). I hope that The Hunger Games is released in India soon after, if not the same day as in the US. I am actually more excited for the second movie because the 2nd book is by far my favorite one. All those old tributes, it brings a tear to my eye. Okay, enough, I'll start thinking about Finnick or Megs and get depressed.




No comments: