Sunday, April 10, 2011

Two down, One to go!

I had a lovely week vacation. Our Spring break is over and today marks the beginning of the third quarter of this SBS. Things are getting exciting. I teach the book of Esther in 2 weeks! I love that book because it is just like a real book, a story, it could be a movie, well, I think it is a movie. I like that it's full of irony. That wretched Haman who had it in for Mordecai so badly, but in the end all that he hoped to do to Mordecai was done to him and all that he wanted done for him was done for Mordecai. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

For my Spring break I did what every American likes to do, went south. Only this is South India which is super hot and super conservative. I attended the SBS graduation ceremony of a really good friend of mine. I had a lot of fun and it was really nice to see another SBS house and how they run things and how committed these staff and students were. They all got along really well and were like a family eager to welcome myself and my friend as guest members of the family for a few days. I learned a lot and saw a few familiar old faces from my SBS a few years ago!

Also, it seems as though my immune system also tends to go on vacation when I have a holiday. Every time I have a break from school ever since I can remember, I always seem to get sick! The day after I came back from Mysore I was in bed all day trying my best not to vomit or poop my pants. Honestly, that's the way it is in India sometimes. You will get diarrhea, it is inevitable. Fortunately it was only a 24 hour "bug" but then on Saturday I started getting all these hives all over my body! At first I thought there was some phantom mosquito that wouldn't leave me alone, until I realized it's the middle of the day and that cannot be possible for a mosquito to bite me hundreds of times on both my arms. You see, I've never had hives before, and living in malaria infested mosquito Las Vegas I immediately assumed I was getting bitten at first. It came and went and came and went, and finally, after almost ripping my skin off to just get rid of the itching feeling, I got some anti-histamines, took one and then it was all better. Ahhh. It just sucks to know I have to go to the pharmacy to get something because I have to walk in that super hot sun, sweating, and I'm already going crazy with hives covering my body and so tired. Fortunately, I have a wonderful and very good looking friend who went and got them for me while I sat comfortably in Coffee Day studying Esther.

So this week it begins again. I hope and pray that this final quarter we all give our all and our best to this school and to this campus. That we wouldn't "check-out" which I am so good at doing when I know the end is near, but in knowing the end is near we would work all the more and get the most out of every situation, every chapter, every book, every minute. I cannot wait to see how I experience God this quarter and also to hear how my students and fellow staff members are experiencing Him. All I know is that I am done with stress and I am done with anxiety. I am ready to see the glory of God and to stop putting Sarah first.

Along with the hot weather comes sleepy heads. I could just curl up and fall asleep at any time these days. Getting back into the schedule of the week is going to be a lot harder than I thought. I better get to bed early tonight. Tomorrow is not so busy of a day, but still always have to wake up early for something. Always. It will be nice once i'm not in SBS any longer. Speaking of which, I am praying about my future here, about what to do after this SBS. I know I committed for two SBSes, however I am beginning to think that perhaps God is once again changing directions here with my life. I have decided (in short term vision) to staff the next Titus Project, at least the training phase, or first three weeks. Titus Project is the outreach portion of SBS that I did as soon as I came here last June. It is three weeks of training where you are taught how to teach and prepare lectures and sermons, then after three weeks of that you go out somewhere for 2 months and teach and preach! I will not be able to lead an outreach because I have to come home by that time again for another visa run. But this time I will not be coming alone!

Please pray for my dear friend who will be applying for a visa to the states. We are not sure which one yet, tourist or for an internship. Pray that one of them works out and that this person is able to get their visa on the first try so that they can come and experience our culture and another way of life and meet all my friends and family!

I hope this entry finds you well and in good health, unlike me. Enjoy your spring because I am so jealous of the nice weather and thunderstorms! There won't be a cloud in the sky until July most likely and it's only going to get hotter. It's already up to around 100 degrees every day by lunchtime. Yikes.

No comments: