Thursday, May 21, 2009

Once there was a way to get back homeward

God is completely, wholly, and eternally wonderful. He is too good to me. Why should I be surprised when he actually answers my prayers? I am not surprised any longer. I am thankful, grateful, excited, happy, and fearful of the Lord my God who is faithful and listens to my cries for mercy. He is merciful. He is gracious. He is my provider and my strength in times of stress and doubt. Why worry?

I am faced right now with a decision to make. There are many options. I have narrowed it down to three options. So, please pray that God would speak to me and show me his desire in my life. The concrete thing for after SBS is coming home. However, the thought of Minnesota is not in a homely way anymore. It is more like I'm going to see my family and friends. Lonavala seems to have slowly seeped into my heart and mind as "home." So, anyway, I am coming home to Minnesota for six months at the very least. Now, my goal is to be back in India in January, after the New Year. My two options for coming back to India are 1) Joining Arts With A Mission (AWAM) which I have talked about plenty on here. Or else 2) Begin staffing the next SBS in its second - third quarter then staff one more full SBS the following September. I hope to know before I go back to Minnesota which to come back for. My third option is not to come back to India at all. Please pray for me and let me know if you get anything from the Lord.

I also need to find a full-time job almost immediately upon returning home so if you know of anything, mostly not involving children, please let me know! If you don't know of any job opportunity, then please simply pray that God would already begin to open a door.

And yes, I'm going to say it, I need prayer about a relationship that God has placed into my lap with a wonderful man here in India. We both need wisdom, discernment, and confirmation if this is God's desire for our lives. I mean, we are not officially in a relationship as of yet, but this of course is also influencing my decision to come back to India, and I'm afraid that if I come back it's also like I'm choosing this man, I'm choosing this relationship, I am choosing most likely my husband. That is the scariest thing in the world to me. I am afraid of commitment.

It is getting so hot here. I cannot barely cope with every day living. I sweat like anything when I brush my teeth! The thought of power cuts makes me go crazy. It's funny how a fan makes the heat way more bearable. Ceiling fans are one of the greatest inventions ever. They will be a big part of my life in the future. I think every room in the house should have a ceiling fan. Who needs A/C when you have ceiling fans? All of you in Minnesota, really, you have it good. I'd much rather be in the heat there now than here. Because of this heat I am tired all the time. I always want to sleep. I am thankful to be in India and do love this country and it's Indian Summers. Now I fully understand that phrase, if it was not actually spoken about India and Native Americans, then it fits well into the Indian side of things as well.

There are only 36 days left of SBS. Of course I'm counting! I am ready to be done with charting for the rest of my life. Of course I'll still study the Bible, however I will never chart again! Ba ha ha ha ha ha. As a staff member I will get to grade the student's charts and lead a small group. How wonderful will SBS be as staff? The only thing that scares me is teaching, but I think maybe God did put the desire to be SBS staff into my heart for a reason the first quarter, even if I lost sight of it for a few months.

Well, I think that's about all I need prayer for and all that is turning the wheels inside my mind. Onto bigger and better things this week! We're studying Jeremiah. I think I might cry. I mean, Isaiah was built up as this huge book no one ever completes, but I found it a lot easier than expected. I just hope Jeremiah is the same. I'm looking forward to finishing the big books. I cannot believe there are only 2 giant books left for us to study in SBS! Jeremiah and Ezekiel. The rest are "snacks" as our school leader described them Tuesday morning.

I hope you all are doing well adjusting to your weather changes. Just know that however hot it gets there it's more hot here, so be thankful and rejoice always!

No comments: