Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Take me away, a secret place, a sweet escape, take me away

Even though I myself am white, I find myself staring at other white people in this town just like how the locals stare at me every single day. It fascinates me to see other whiteys here. I want to know why they are here, for how long, where are they staying. Pretty much all the questions we are not supposed to really answer when the locals ask us. Today some random man was asking me why I was here and where I was staying. I had to say I am a tourist and I'm staying at some place around here. Ha cha cha. We need to be safe you know (as I write all about this on the internet of all places).

2nd Corinthians has turned out to be more a favorite of mine than 1st Corinthians. Also, God is stirring up desires in me that I never even considered because I was so opposed to it that I laughed at friends who have been sucked in to these desires. I will share more when and if I ever feel comfortable to share to all. Just know that God might be asking me to do something crazy, and I really don't want to think about it, but He keeps reminding me of it. That's the way he works. He always turns my desires toward his and even though I pray for that to happen most of the time I am never ready for it.

Hebrews is wonderful. I love this book, and after being incredibly angry and frustrated with the fact that we have only 1.5 days of actual work time to complete this rather large book, I realized I'm being a baby, or an infant (as it even says in Hebrews). It is kind of obnoxious though to finally get a book that I actually want to study more in depth, but then have this book be the only one I have no time to do that with. Also, Melchizedek is no small topic, or rather, person.

I am getting so exhausted here. I have two weeks left of this quarter. Time has sure flown by! I keep telling myself, "In 2 weeks I will have time to sleep, in 2 weeks I will have time to relax, in 2 weeks I will have time to breathe." Don't worry, I am not suffocating here. Homework can be overwhelming at times and I hardly ever find time to do the Psalm assignment. I don't know how I will make it through two more quarters of this. Even so, I just keep trucking because in 2 weeks I will get a break. A lengthy break at that. One where I don't have to be in India for a while and can clear my head and not even have to think about charts and structure and builds. It sounds like heaven. Ya'll don't know how lucky you are to have no idea what I am talking about! But, let me just say that I am SO glad I am here right now at this moment and would not want to be anywhere else with anyone else. God is stirring up new ideas inside me and he is healing my heart which I need more than most things right now. More than food and shelter even.

I will miss my fellow class-mates while I am in Nepal trekking around the mountains. I am very thankful I will get to see them all again come January when class starts again. However, I am not happy that the DTS students will go on outreach while I am gone and when I return they will still be on outreach and a new DTS class will start. I love this DTS class and don't want to open my heart to new students, but wait, I will not only get to know a new batch in January-April, but I will get to meet even another DTS class in April! I will go from knowing one half-Indian because he is my cousin, to knowing one billion Indians (yes, the entire population of India) in the span of 9 months.

It will be so strange to be home again in July or August and be surrounded by whiteys wearing scandalous clothes. Oh-merica, you are like the bad boy that I know I should not like, but I can't help but fall in love with you and let you influence all of my life.

I should start listening to Christmas music even though it does not feel or look like Christmas here. Not that Christmas should look white and feel cold, but it is what I am used to.

Blessings to you all, and keep the campus here in your prayers as a lot of change is happening soon with Christmas break and the DTSers going on outreach. That is going to be very challenging for them, so if you think about it say a prayer for the DTS students about to get dirty and about to experience real work for the Lord! HA ha ha ha ha. I am excited to hear their stories when they come back from outreach.

No comments: